Sassy's World

Friday, May 04, 2007

8 years!

8 years ago today I started dating my now husband. EIGHT YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That seems like forever when your only 28 years old. That's almost my entire 20 years! I love him though so its all good I guess. I should rephrase that to I love him 99% of the time. So yeah! To 8 years *cheers*

I'm talkin to my mom on the phone lastnight and she's doing the "mom" thing. Oh my baby turns 30 next year and my other baby is going to be 22 this year. Blah Blah Blah! Then she starts...

Mom: I'm 48 years old and I've only been with 3 men since I was 17
Me: uh ok! And this is a problem?
Mom: Yeah
Me: Enlighten me then please
Mom: I started going with your father when I 17, married him at 20 and seperated from him at 34
Me: uh huh keep going
Mom: Met asshole #1 in 1994 and was with him till 2002, now I've been with Asshole #3 since 2002
Me: Yeah ok! I get that but I still dont understand how this is bad other then you've spent the last 12 years of your life with assholes
Mom: I never explored my options and dated many men
Me; oh so you weren't a skank and this is a bad thing?
Mom: YES!
Me: Mom I think you need to rethink this whole thing. It should be a good thing that you weren't whoring around
Mom: Its still bad
Me: Mom your starting to make me second guess my life...I've been with hubs since I was 20 which means I didnt explore my horizons..
Mom: You dated TOO Much. From the time you were 14 till you turned 20 I was afraid Sassy I really was. I was TERRIFIED you were going to get yourself in deep with one of the guys
Me: Are you calling me a skank?
Mom: Not exactly. I just mean you had ALOT of male friends and I'm sure they had benefits
Me: Ah feel the love! Thanks mom

ugh! and for her information I had alof of male friends yes but they didnt ALL have benefits. Just some like any/most typical teenagers!

Ah well. I'm with hubs now and hope to stay that way for the most part. Some days I wanna pack my shit and run and keep on running with Boo on my back and never look back!

Toodles
*~*chow*~*
posted by Sassy at 10:37 AM

3 Comments:

Wow, I would die if my Mom had that convo with me. Though I think she could use a man in her life now. Past is past, be happy you found one worth keeping (most of the time). LOL

12:13 PM  

LOL...Can picture a woman runnin with all her stuff {{do that include her computer}} and Boo on her back?? Sorry bout the LOL but the picture of someone doing that is just to to funny. ;)

8 Years?? Well, me understands that if ya gets past the 7 years {{as in the 7 year itch}} no matter how frustrating they get yer laughing. Maybe what me heard is wrong though. Not really sure. LOL. Oh that is for legal marriage where the 7 year itch comes in me thinks. LOL

6:42 AM  

I hope you have many more happy years to come, remember better the devil you know !!

1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home